If you or someone you know is at risk of suicide, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or see the Need Help? page. This website is not designed to provide individual responses or direct assistance to people who are at risk of suicide.
Posting and Commenting: These rules are designed to keep discussions on topic and to discourage disrespectful comments. The website is intended to help people learn about and share information related to suicide prevention and suicide bereavement support. It is also may be visited by people who are at risk of suicide, bereaved people, and others who have an interest in suicide bereavement or suicide prevention. We want everyone to have an informative, useful, and safe experience when they are here. Information posted or emailed to the website should be considered public. By using the website, you agree that you will not post or download any of the following material on the site or its internet mailing lists, bulletin boards, or other forums:
- Material that infringes on the copyright of another person (plagiarism, or passing off other peoples’ material as your own) or copyright material not referenced or acknowledged
- Unauthorized posting of personal information of other users (name, address, phone number, email, etc.)
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene, or indecent language or images
- Material which defames, abuses, or threatens others
- Statements that are bigoted, hateful, or offensive
- Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them
- “Flaming”: There is a difference between voicing a legitimate concern or grievance and simply badmouthing or some other form of written abuse of a person, organization, product, or service (the former is allowed, but the latter is not)
- Material that creates a false identity for the purpose of misleading others
- Advertising or other form of commercial solicitation
- Files that contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another
- Material that restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Service
Privacy: UCS does not share personal information from users of this website with any third party. We use information from your visit for only two purposes:
- To contact you via the email you used to access the blog. You can opt out (cancel) email from UCS at any time through a link that is supplied in every email.
If you would like to provide feedback about the website or any of its content or if you have a question, concern, or complaint, please contact UCS.